Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shabby chic, not too shabby!

After moving 3 times in 3 years, I've decided to finally get off my butt and decorate my daughter's bedroom. Hopefully, we'll be here for several years! I've changed my mind several times but the one thing that has stuck is the color theme. We're going pink, green, and a tiny bit of yellow. All pale and muted of course...because I am doing the ultimate shabby chic room.

The picture below is her bedding set. It came in the mail today and I love it even more than I did when I saw it online. The flash makes the colors look darker than they are. Everything is pretty pastel. I have been eyeing this set in the store for about a year and saw it online for $30.00 (at least 50% savings) so I went ahead and grabbed it. The two lightest colors in it are what I'm using to paint the furniture in her room. I was hesitant to paint it anything other than white but I think I'm going to branch out and give it a try. I have a 4 post full size bed frame, dresser, night stand, two shelves, and a small book case to paint. I'm going to use the lightest pink and green in the bedding to paint the furniture but I can't decide which piece will get what color. Thoughts?

If I ever get brave enough to paint the walls I'll be using the yellow in the bed set.



This is the name sign that is going above the window and the wall decal. I have not decided where to put the decal yet.





This is a realllly basic layout of her room but it gives you an idea of how the room looks. I would post pictures of her room as it is right now but it's trashed and I don't want to claim it as my kid's room. :) I think I'm going to leave it set up like this because of function and outlets. The round thing is a chair I'm going to recover.



This is a basic color board but I don't think it shows the true color. You get the idea though! I know the room theme looks kind of grown up for her since she's 9 but considering she thinks she is 16 and I'm hoping the room will grow with her so I don't have to do this again...I think it will work! Plus, I'm not a huge fan of character rooms or ponies and glitter. :)



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment