Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shabby Chic Bedroom Update

So...the bedroom project is taking longer than I wanted it to. I've painted about half of what I need to. I think I may have started running out of steam. Painting is boring! Of course, there have been a few 1500 word papers between when I started and now...so it isn't like I have not had other things to do.

Moving on...I picked two paint colors earlier this week, Ballerina and Valley Poplar. Ballerina is a very light pink and Valley Poplar is a pale minty green. Green paint was fairly difficult to find. There were plenty of dark greens and jewel tone greens but not very many light sage colors. I was unsure the green would work with the bedding but it seems to.

These are the before and after pictures of the nightstand. The bed needs more coats but the picture should give you an idea of the pink!





I've started on a valance but I'm not totally in love with the way it turned out. I can't decide if bunching it together and having two valance pieces or one long straight valance is the way to go.





I've been going back and forth on what to do for art. I'm sure it's clear by now that I am indecisive ALL the time. I get an idea of what I want and then occasionally have a hard time making the pieces fit together and well...you get the picture. I've finally found something that I think will work. I'm going to use pictures out of the book The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker. I plan to put them on plaques of sorts with ribbons at the top to hold them to the wall. Here are a few pictures I believe (google wasn't sure) are from the book. I think they will fit well in the room! Can't wait for the book to get here!







I'm not sure how I'm going to arrange the pictures just yet. Any ideas? Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment