Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thrift store finds altered for the kid!

I've found some pretty cute things at second hand stores lately but they are never in my daughter's size! So, I figured I could edit the things I liked. It is incredibly easy with skirts and tank tops.

Step 1


Step 2


Step 3 - Sew along the marks, then cut off the excess fabric. Turn the skirt inside out again and you're done! Super, super easy!



Here is my darling daughter modeling one of the skirts I altered. This isn't the one in the alteration pictures but you can see the original in the top corner of the first photo!


This is an easy way to get the perfect outfit, inexpensively. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good idea!!! I always think that when I'm scouting and find something super cute and its not in the right size!! one of these days I'll get a sewing machien :)

    ReplyDelete